It is nearly impossible to get bored in Thailand. As Southeast Asia’s most visited country, Thailand is full of pleasant surprises. It is easy to see why many people gravitate towards this beautiful country. From magnificent beaches, striking wildlife, precious temples, mouthwatering food, lively nightlife to the ultramodern landscape. No matter what you want, there is always something for everyone.
Well known for its vast diversity of ingredients, countless tourists come to Thailand just to have a taste for the famous Thai Cuisine. Their use of fresh herbs and spices really make a special and rich taste. Thailand food is definitely worth trying at least once in a lifetime.
- Tom Yum Goong. Teaming up with shrimp, mushroom, lemongrass, chili, shallots, lemon juice, and lime leaves, this spicy shrimp soup is a masterpiece. The cuisine really blends four fundamental Thai tastes: spicy, sour, sweet, and salty all in one amazing bowl. Everyone who has tried them will agree that this soup is a must-try. Come to a street food stall called Tom Yum Goong Banglamphu for the best Tom Yung Goong.
- Pad Thai. This famous dish is made of a mix of shrimp, spring onion, bean sprouts, eggs, tamarind paste wrapped in noodles and topped with peanut, sugar or chili flakes. The history of Pad Thai is actually not that old, during World War II, Prime Minister Phibunsongkhram encouraged Thai people to eat noodles, due to the high cost of rice production. The best place to try Pad Thai is Thipsamai Pad Thai in Bangkok.
- Gaeng Daeng. Also known as Red Curry, this dish is a masterpiece on its own. Made with red curry paste, coconut milk, meat, tofu and sprinkled by kaffir lime leaves, it tastes really rich and delicious. This dish is best enjoyed with a bowl of rice. Gedhawa restaurant in Bangkok is one of the best places to eat this aromatic dish.
- Yum Nua. A delightful and refreshing Thai Beef Salad is known to be healthy, full of flavor, and sometimes spicy. Even the look of the dish is mouthwatering. Many restaurants in Thailand serve this dish.
- Fried Insects. Up for a more bizarre food? Head to Chatuchak Market or Khao San Road in Bangkok. You will find a handful of vendors selling fried insects, from crickets, silkworms, to tarantulas. The insects are not just tasty and greasy; they’re also full of proteins.
Nightlife in Thailand has evolved so much over the years. From rooftop bars, nightclubs, to night markets.
- Rooftop Bars. Bangkok is overflowing with rooftop bars, the perfect place to enjoy the night with a loved one, see the city from a bird’s eye view, and party until late. The most famous places are Vertigo in Banyan Tree, Sky Bar in Lebua at State Tower, and Octave Rooftop Bar in Marriot Hotel Sukhumvit.
- Evening Shopping. With snack, bars, live music, and of course vendors that sell goods, night markets in Bangkok has a vibrant vibe and feels more like a carnival than an actual market. Asiatique, Rot Fai Market, and Chang Chui Bangkok Planet Market are among the best night markets in Bangkok.
- Beach Clubs. The island has a handful of beach clubs to choose. All of them offer beach awesome beach parties where you can lounge, relax, and have fun. Catch Beach Club is probably the first one that started the beach club trend on the island.
- Lady-boy Shows. Simon Cabaret in Phuket, along with Alcazar Cabaret and Tiffany’s Show in Pattaya are three of the most famous lady-boy shows in Thailand. These shows could be a one-of-a-kind night entertainment. The shows are packed with glam and humor with world-class performers.
- Visiting Temples. Expect an array of magnificent temples when you travel to Thailand because the country has around 40,000 Buddhist temples. All of them are stunning and offer a sense of peace for visitors. They’re all beautiful and it’s hard to choose the best one, but you probably should visit Wat Rhong Khan, Tiger Cave, and Ayutthaya.
- Scuba Diving. If you’re planning to visit Phuket, consider adding scuba diving to your list. It is rated as one of the top 10 diving destinations in the world. You will appreciate the underwater scenery here. Scuba diving in Phuket will surely give you an exceptional experience.
- Sea Kayaking. There are many places to do sea kayaking in Thailand. Phang Nga Bay one of the best. Tourists can get a spectacular island and coastal scenery. The trip usually focuses on a small group. You don’t have to worry if you have no experience, it is not necessary and there are many professionals that will help.
- Climbing a Tower. The Sathorn Unique Tower, also known as the Ghost Tower, is one of the coolest things to do in Bangkok. The skyscraper was supposed to become a luxury apartment complex but got abandoned due to Asia’s 1997 Financial Crisis. It is a dangerous zone, so always be careful!